Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday

Day three in my race for immortality in the history books as.. well.. me being sober for a month.
I didn't write anything in the last few days, because they've been incredibly dull and uneventful. Today, however, I tested out my theory about going to a pub and not having any alcohol.

So today after work, as it's become a bit of a tradition, I went to Möku. A local pub I like to call home.
I was greeted by Sille-Liis and Roosi, who when she saw me, grabbed a glass and was about to pour me a beer, when I exclaimed loudly: "Stop!" For a moment the confused bartenders looked at me with a puzzled look until I told them about my little project. I had tea instead. I've never had tea in Möku before. It was peppermint and I loaded it with a heap of brown sugar, which made it really dark. It actually looked a bit like tea with something strong, like Stroh or Jägermeister.

Upon explaining my curious project, Sille-Liis told me I should blog about it. That makes about three people who have suggested this, so I guess I'm going to have to do it. Wait, I am doing it, aren't I?

Anyway, the night was quiet and the bar was occupied by some german youngsters who at some point decided it would be a great idea to have the bartenders play some awful german music. We figured it must have been a joke or something. Later we were joined by more girls and we went on discussing things. General things.

All in all, I would say the night was a success. I had some social interaction, some fun, saw friends and left early enough to catch a bus. I drank about four cups of tea of different sorts and noticed that it doesn't differ much from drinking beer, because you pretty much have to pee as often as with beer.

On a separate note, Veiko finally put up the Wall of Fame, so me and many other people have been immortalized for ages. In a thousand years, alien races will come to this ravished and destroyed planet to discover the secrets of times of old and will dig out a large slab of alumini and plastic on which they will discover a bunch of pictures, among which they will see my mug and will base their assumptions on the human race on the discovery. Surely they will decide that ancient humans were hairy and with bad eyesight. History will be rewritten and I will be seen as an ancient ruler of this weird planet, which in ancient writing would have been called Möku.

With seeing as today was not at all a failure or boring, I will go out again on Friday. That should turn out to be a bit more interesting, as I will probably encounter, with my sober eyes, the horror of drunk youngsters of Tartu. Not that I've never seen them, but drunk people are so much nicer and more interesting when you're really drunk yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment