Friday, January 4, 2013

Battle of the Bands

Now, why the hell did I agree to do this again?

Since I was really lazy in the morning, I missed a bus or two and ended up working quite late. Not Late-late, but a bit later than usual. I got off work at about 19.40 and since I couldn't make up my mind as to where I would like to eat, and since I got a sudden urge to gobble down some trash, I got a few tiny burgers on my way to Möku. I got to Möku at about 8 pm. Due to my late arrival, some people were already expecting me. I knew exactly who were waiting for me once I saw The Runaways outside. He was quite drunk.

Inside I was immediately greeted by Bon Jovi, Poets of the Fall and Queen and had a seat next to Bon Jovi. Susanna and Johhi were working the bar and apparently nobody remembered my peculiar arrangement and Susanna started pouring me a beer when I stopped her. After some explaining, I ordered some tea and the night could finally begin.

Apparently the main thing of the evening for Poets of the Fall and Queen was drawing on each other with markers. Reminded me of childhood and how old I am, even though Queen is older than me. That didn't make me feel better.
I also noticed Johhi and Susanna unpacking some new shot glasses. They were standard 6 cl shot glasses, but seemed a lot larger. After some measuring we agreed that they are indeed only 6 cl. One of them had a strange defect which looked like dirt, but was in fact a tiny hole. Cool stuff, but ultimately completely useless information. Moving on.

I got a bit bored and checked the time. Oh crap, only 20:19. This is going to be a looong night. At some point Bon Jovi exclaimed that she has to go to work in the morning. We talked some more about the new year's eve, but eventually Bon Jovi finished her beer, took Poets of the Fall with her and left. Meanwhile, The Runaways had returned from the outside, really drunk from some obscure alcoholic beverage he apparently had in his pocket. A few minutes later Queen told me he'll pop out for a smoke and a chat with The Runaways, grabbed The Runaways and headed out. Suddenly I was alone. It didn't last long, but in this time I remembered exactly what I hated about this thing when I did it in the beginning of 2012. Oh, woe is me and my big mouth, promising shit that grants me nothing good... I do not want to do this again in 2014.

Meanwhile, we once again appreciate the fine quality of the Pink Candy. Many of you know that Möku offers free candy to whoever has the biggest hands and stickiest fingers, meaning they just have free candy until it's all gone, taken away, gobbled down with a side of a variety of liqueurs. The Pink Candy itself is a Praline type candy from Kalev, specifically "Kalev Desirée Chocolate cake flavoured". Now, the fact that makes it so amazing is that the filling tastes exactly like chocolate cake. While most of these fancy Praline candies taste pretty much the same, this one melts in your mouth and makes you feel like you've just downed a spoonful of nice juicy chocolate cake. Amazing stuff, really. I'm having one right now as I'm writing this.
But I digress.

Queen and The Runaways had returned from their quest for nicotine and social interaction. Apparently they're roommates and neither of them likes cleaning the place. That must be a fun arrangement. Since Queen suddenly got the urge to try Pernod, we decided we'd do it the right way. Johhi poured some into a whiskey glass and after examining the clear liquid we had her drop a single cube of ice in the mix. Now, for you who don't know what Pernod does with water, it reacts in a way that makes the fully clear liquid white and misty. So we sat there, me, Queen and The Runaways, staring at a glass of Pernod slowly turning white, wondering what we're doing wrong in life. Poetic stuff, really.

Some time later The Roots stopped by. Apparently there was a huge birthday going on at Kivi and people from that party kept popping in every once in a while. The Roots, familiar with the repeat project of mine from last year, approved my sobriety and especially me not smoking. I myself am in between being really proud of myself for doing this and really hating myself for the discomfort it is causing me. After all, when it was just not drinking, I could go out for a smoke when I got bored. Now I have nothing.

Some time later, when The Roots got back to his party matters next door, The Runaways went home and I was left with Queen. The thing with Queen is that he gets awfully stubborn, chatty and at one point extremely depressing. The last part wasn't there yet, but he suddenly got the idea to get some stuff tattooed, namely some of the stuff that was written on him, possibly by Poets of the Fall, with a marker, a few hours ago. It's 21.10 and it is clearly too early for drunk antics like this, I thought. Queen spent the next half an hour or so trying to find a friend who would tattoo that stuff on him this very evening. Imagine waking up to that, be it as pretty as ever, it's still a tattoo. Imagine not remembering why the hell does your arm hurt and why is that strange thing written on it, later discovering that the stuff doesn't wash off. This is how good memories are made. For other people.

Meanwhile someone brought Susanna some Chicken Jerky, which I found to be a particularly funny idea, and some other meaty stuff. She shared and I now know what Chicken Jerky tastes like and that they make this stuff in Estonia.
Like last year, I began experimenting with drinks that looked like booze. I started off with the classic - Limonaad - a yellowish caramel drink that could pass as beer or cider to an untrained eye. Especially when served in a beer glass like Susanna did. Good stuff all around. Another good thing a sober person could have is a virgin Cuba Libre, or rum and coke without rum, or pretty much just coke with ice and lime. Coke could also pass as dark beer. The last amazing drink we discovered a while later - Susanna mixed Coke and an energy drink. I don't really like energy drinks but I figured I'd at least try to stay there for a bit longer. Energy drink with coke was actually quite interesting. Very sweet, very sour, but the taste was of a mild energy drink. Not bad at all.

Meanwhile, Queen while telling me about the hardships of his life pointed out that he is apparently colorblind. I found some Ishihara tests online and apparently he is not colorblind, at least not in any standard way.
Some time later Los Sotsioloogikus and Big Country joined us. We had a chat about my project, they both had a strong shot, Los Sotsioloogikus had a Sparta and Big Country had a mix of three rums fittingly named Cap'n Jack Sparrow. They left at 22.44. I was beginning to think that maybe this night isn't a complete waste.

A bit after Los Sotsioloogikus and Big Country left, Creedence Clearwater Revival stepped in for a beer and a bit later Pieno Lazeriai also joined us. We talked music stuff and at this point Queen was pretty much sulking on his own, non-responsive to my attempts to revive his spirit. Me, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Pieno Lazeriai discussed some local music stuff I won't go into detail about and soon Creedence Clearwater Revival went to Gen club where supposedly a really good Retro party was about to begin. Pieno Lazeriai also discovered the wonderful wonders of the Pink Candy and agreed that this candy really is something utterly amazing. She soon left leaving me with Queen again. At this point Queen started to piss me off with his negativeness. I mean, it has to be something extreme to get on my negative nerves with someone's negativeness. Long story short, I was glad when The Roots returned for a while. Soon Queen got a call about some friends at the bus station and he went to meet them. This was at 23.30, he left all of his overalls at Möku and went off. Since it's not very cold outside, I wasn't worried.

Some time passed, Queen returned at about 00.00 wearing someone's coat. He left the coat and went off again, apparently he had made it but lost his friends along the way. I figured he'd just go get some more clothes. He returns some time later with said friends, I wasn't introduced. Queen and his friends spend the rest of their time there speaking to each other. I don't mind, I have other people to chat with.

At some point, the Roots left again, but soon after The Who and Captain Beyond came over and expressed their desire to review my little black book. I had a chat about my wonderful experiment on my own being and they agreed it to be a difficult but necessary quest. Ooh yes, very difficult. They had a look at the book and stayed for a chat, but soon found it necessary to check the birthday party next door. No problem, because soon after Creedence Clearwater Revival returned from Gen. While chatting with Creedence Clearwater Revival I noticed, once again, how bad my bottom felt on the wooden chairs they now have in Möku. Sadly the old comfy chairs got replaced due to old age and poor condition. The new chairs are supposedly made from parts of boats gathered on the coast of the Indian ocean. That doesn't make them more comfortable, but it sure as hell makes them seem interesting.

At about 00.40 Queen finally leaves. I do hope his head won't be too heavy in the morning.
I spent the rest of the evening reminiscing with Creedence Clearwater Revival about the good old times. See, he is like a month older than I am.

I left Möku at 1.27 and got a hug on the way out, from a girl who I barely know. I checked Zavood for friends but only saw a couple of people leaving, so I didn't stay.

On the way home I remembered that I completely and utterly forgot to buy a lottery ticket. That 23 mil could have totally be mine. Oh well, next week, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment